What can Monmouthshire GreenWeb do for you and what can you do for GreenWeb?
Monmouthshire GreenWeb needs your help! Monmouthshire GreenWeb is an online network of environmentally concerned organisations in Monmouthshire. www.monmouthshiregreenweb.co.uk
Monmouthshire GreenWeb was inspired by the example of a similar project in Herefordshire. A small committee was formed to take the project forward and GreenWeb was formally constituted as a voluntary organisation in 2001.
However, if GreenWeb is to continue we need to find new members to be involved and lead the network. Key longstanding members of the committee will be stepping down, providing the opportunity for people with energy and commitment to take on the leadership of the Monmouthshire network and introduce new ideas.
These are some of the positive aspects of continuing to value Monmouthshire GreenWeb
· There are opportunities for the network to continue to play a valuable role in sharing ideas and information in Monmouthshire and further afield through our website and through presence at a range of events
· There are a number of events coming up including the National Eisteddfod, Wye Valley River Festival next year, and the county shows where a county-wide network could bring together green groups to showcase some of the excellent work that is happening in Monmouthshire and enable gatherings of local green groups to share ideas and concerns
· Our website has been refreshed over the last 12 months and is regularly updated – there is value in keeping it going.
These are some of the challenges that face GreenWeb
· Lack of financial resources
· Finding people with the time and energy to put into reinvigorating the network
· Finding ways to make GreenWeb of greater relevance and value to its member groups.
Let us know if you have any ideas. Or even more importantly, if you want to find out more or get involved, Sue Parkinson, GreenWeb's secretary would love to hear from you on 01989 770828 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first to add an idea!